20,000 points

Thursday, February 28, 2008
BTW, if someone ever knocks on your door and tells you that they are having a "communications contest," they are lying, they are only trying to sell you magazines.

That is the second person in three months who has tried to sell me magazines. I guess this is the downfall of living in college apartments.

Oh, and they are good. They invite themselves into your place, get you to like them, so that when you tell them "No," you feel BAD about it! I am sorry, but I am not going to buy a magazine from you because you have manipulated me to feel bad about you.

And yet I still feel bad. Arg.

Matthew

1 comments:

Sara said...

I KNOW! This used to happen to us all the time at our apartments... and they weren't even "college" apartments. We had at least 2 or 3 a week.

It got so bad that when I opened the door and saw that laminated paper in their hands I interrupted them pronto so as not to waste my time (or theirs, for that matter). Then they give you the puppy dog eyes and make you feel bad about not sending them to Cancun for Spring Break. Give me a break. I'M not even going to Cancun for spring break. Go out and get a real job like the rest of us, then you can afford to send your own sorry butt to Cancun.

/end rant