Too... much... information...

Tuesday, November 27, 2007
So, on another break from my assignment, I did a vanity search for MeMedia, and what came up first? www.MeMedia.com. On their front page is the following text:

MeMedia is a leading, full-service, online advertising solutions provider and behavioral ad network achieving superior results through innovative multimodal technologies, expert advice, and global reach.

Utilizing our advanced behavioral targeting capabilities, our diverse portfolio of rich advertising solutions, and our rapidly expanding global inventory, MeMedia connects premium advertisers to a global audience delivering superior monetization and advertiser campaign performance.


Can you say "overuse of the thesaurus?" I mean really! Outside of the Declaration of Independence, those are the longest two sentences I have ever read! The average letter per word is just under ten! This text needs to be reworded so that people that did not graduate from Yale and/or Harvard will be able to understand it. Try this on for size:

MeMedia is trying to copy Google by being an ad company. However, we think that we are better because Google sucks (oh and we have a lot of technologies that they don't have).

We will use these technologies to advertise to people.


See, that wasn't so hard. Next time, try using less thesaurus and more Simpleton Speech.

Matthew

2 comments:

Matt said...

Yeah, I ran into the same problem when I was on Corel.com yesterday. I was looking at their software, trying to figure out which one I needed, but I couldn't tell the difference between CorelDRAW, Corel Painter X, and Corel Essentials 4 because all of them said "I'm really cool because I can do neat stuff that you'll really like a lot."

Sara said...

rofl. Buzz word bingo!