My leaky basement

Sunday, November 04, 2007
Well, my upgrade to Leopard is going good so far. I am finally settling in and getting used to things (although I still have lots of preference panes to go through and fix, like my Mail filters, for example).

But one problem that I am having is the lack of Photoshop! I have Photoshop 7, but it won't run in the new OS. I could get away without PS (or use a different product), but every week I have to format pictures for the church's PowerPoint, and everything is set up and ready to go in Photoshop... and I haven't found a way to automate this in another program. Also, older versions of Photoshop are not supported by Adobe in this OS, so buying an older copy is out of the question.

So, I am looking at a few options:
Buy Photoshop CS3 (just under $300 educational)
Buy some other program (I will have to learn everything all over and hope that I can automate the process)
... umm... that is really all.

So, unless someone comes up with a great solution, I am officially giving you my birthday wish list: Photoshop CS3.

What? You think it is too expensive to buy for your favorite person in the world? Fine, I will take cash earmarked for the purchase of CS3.

Buying CS3 isn't a bad thing (I have always planned on upgrading eventually), I guess I just don't like being forced into the upgrade. But then again, I am the one that upgraded my system. =: >

Matthew

1 comments:

Matt said...

Is your upgrade to Leopard going good or do you mean that it's going WELL? You'll like this English thing once you get the hang of it ;-)

Good luck with CS3. What's the difference by the way? I'm eventually going to need a 2D editor for making textures for my models, but I don't want to buy a $1300 suite of software that I'm not going to use. I just want PS8!!