I can't breathe!

Monday, November 26, 2007
The weekend away from work and school was amazing! Family, food, and War Craft made a great vacation.

But Sunday afternoon something in the air blew in, and my allergies are going haywire, just like they do every year at this time. My nose is stopped up, and I constantly have mucus dripping down the back of my throat. The mucus hits my tonsils (or something back there) and makes me cough, giving me a sore throat. The mucus then goes down to my stomach where, if I haven't eaten in a few hours, it makes me nauseous.

All day. Every day. But night is worse. Because my nose is stopped up, I can't breathe, and I wake suddenly grasping for air, coughing, and feeling like I have to throw up. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep last night (while it was cold in my room, I was sweating so much I had to turn my sleep mask inside-out because the inside was so wet).

But there is good news. For all of this to go away, all I have to do is get a needle in the butt. I have an appointment with the Wellness Center on campus tomorrow at 1 to get the shot, so hopefully tomorrow night I can get a good night's sleep. Right now, I am just trying to work on a script due tomorrow without thinking about my clogged nose for more than 30 seconds (which is hard because I have to look down at a book, and if I am not careful, my nose will start dripping everywhere...). Then again, if I have a Dr.'s appointment tomorrow, then I can skip class and give him the note later. Hmmm....

Ya, this post is gross, but then again, so is life, so get used to it (that is, get used to life, not gross posts... I try not to be gross too often).

Matthew

2 comments:

Matt said...

Yeah, I know the feeling. I don't have allergies, but I get sick every now and then with the same kind of symptoms. It really makes me mad, because there's not really anything you can do about it. Are you sure that it's just allergies? Do allergies usually come with a fever?

Sara said...

If I remember correctly, you don't have tonsils...