Rhonda

Wednesday, November 21, 2007
I just thought that I would let everyone know who Rhonda is.

While most of you do not know her name, she has been an integral part of my life for the past five and a half years. I fully believe that God gave her to me, and she has served me well through rain, sleet, and snow.

Of course I am talking about my truck:


(file photo)


Her name came from a TV show from a few years back called "Random1" where two guys drove around in an old beat up truck doing random acts of kindness (can you guess that it only lasted one season?). The name of their truck was Jackie, and while that would have been a perfect name for my truck, I didn't want to steal a name.

In one episode, the guys helped an older African American gentleman, and his daughter said that Jackie was not a good name for that truck, and suggested that they name it something else. I couldn't remember what the name was, so a few months ago I sent an e-mail to the Random1 guys asking the question. They responded:

Matthew,

It was so cool to get this email reminding us of that moment with Steven's daughter Asia. I was finally able to get a hold of Andre and he loved that you asked this question. Asia said Jackie should be named Rhonda!

Thanks so much for getting in touch and supporting R1. We all appreciate it:)
best, thea and the Random 1 crew


So a few months ago I officially named my truck Rhonda.

There you have it. Happy Thanksgiving!

Matthew

0 comments: