Random links...

Saturday, December 08, 2007
Random links of the week:

Star Trek Inspirational Posters (mostly for Hurley, but there are some funny ones in there)
Speed Racer trailer (looks interesting)
Narnia: Prince Caspian trailer (neat first look, even if it wasn't my favorite of the books)

Now going to a completely different, but relevant topic: A few months ago, I was working at Chick-fil-A, and on my break I was browsing through the newspaper. In one section they had the picture of the new Mach 5 (the car Speed Racer drives). And I was like, "Wow, they are making a Speed Racer movie." I don't remember what I said or mumbled, but a kid (about 10 years old) in the booth next to me said "What?" I showed him the picture of the car in the newspaper, and said "They are making Speed Racer into a movie."

I knew it would happen. I saw it coming a mile away. I never wanted to get this reaction in my life, but here they were, right in front of me.

He said, "What's Speed Racer?"

AHHHHHH! NO! I never want to hear that phrase! And I am not talking about the "Speed Racer" words, I am talking about the "What's [insert culture icon from when you were a kid]?" phrase!

*sob* Now I know what my sister means when she talks about feeling old.

Matthew

1 comments:

Matt said...

HAHAHAHA!!! That one is ALL for me! HAHA those are absolutely priceless. My dad will LOVE these. Oh that's really funny....