bus...

Thursday, September 01, 2005
(I wrote a short post for a forum, and it made a nice splash, so I re-wrote it and submitted it to the UNT newspaper)

Thursday morning, the Eagle Point bus from Victory Hall into town was full, so I couldn't get on, causing me to be late to class. As I stood waiting for the next bus, I was angry that we don't have enough busses running to get everyone to class on time. Then, something hit me... there are twenty four THOUSAND people in the Super Dome right now, waiting for DAYS with NO AC for an overcrowded bus.
Then I started to put all of life's problems in this context. I really need to find a job, but there are tens of thousands of people in several states that have no jobs. I am running low on money, but there are tens of thousands of people that now have NOTHING AT ALL, no money, no home, no car. Gas sure is expensive, but at least I have a car to put gas in!
All of a sudden, all of my life's little quabbles don't seam so bad.

Matthew

1 comments:

Matt said...

Good thoughts...